Terms & Conditions
The parties to this contract governed by the Laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are the service provider Beurre-Blanc, also referred to as ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ and the purchaser of services (or participant in the case of a gift), referred to within these terms as ‘customer’ or ‘customers’.
– General Terms and Conditions –
- Beurre-Blanc has agreed to provide a service for the benefit of the customer in return for complete payment from the customer via cheque, card payment or internet banking fast payment.
- Places are booked on a first come, first served basis, upon receipt of a deposit payment.
Customers will receive a receipt via post or email for any payments made to Beurre-Blanc.
- A 30% deposit, or full payment if preferred, is to be paid when each booking is made. If only a deposit is paid, the remainder amount owed must be paid to us in full by ten days prior to the date of the customer’s booked session.
For deposits or full payments made by cheque, monies must have cleared ten days prior to the booked session date.
Customers must be aged 18 years old or above.
- Customers must adhere to any Beurre-Blanc health and safety instructions put in place which include tying long-hair back, wearing the aprons provided and using the knives and utensils provided in the recommended manner.
- Customers are required to notify Beurre-Blanc of any changes in contact details to ensure that we can continue to communicate with the customer prior to, during and shortly after the booking takes place.
- Any dishes listed on the Beurre-Blanc website are subject to change if ingredients are not available for any reason.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to notify Beurre-Blanc of any food allergies.
We cannot be held responsible for any allergic reaction or illness caused by consumption of ingredients used or dishes created in a booked session.
- For booked sessions conducted outside of a customer’s home, if any parking charges apply, these are the responsibility of the customer.
- Any property or personal belongings brought to any Beurre-Blanc booked session are brought entirely at the customer’s own risk and we or the venue cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage.
- Beurre-Blanc have public liability insurance to the value of £5,000,000.
- The Beurre-Blanc logo inclusive of the fish design, colours and “Cookery School and Consultancy” strapline, the product descriptions and all other wording displayed on this website or on marketing materials is the property of Beurre-Blanc and may not be reproduced in any form, without our written permission.
- Beurre-Blanc may employ external chefs and all terms and conditions apply to these staff in the same manner as they do for company owner Alistair Kidd.
- Beurre-Blanc may use subcontractors for business elements such as web design, health and safety, consultancy instruction but only proven professionals and in any case, we will remain the point of contact and overly responsible for any such work.
- As under the Data Protection Act 1998, Beurre-Blanc only gather essential personal information from a customer and this information shall not be passed on to any other organisation or person without permission from the customer.
– Cancellations & Refunds – (see separate section for consultancy cancellations and refunds)
- Cancellations must be made to us in writing (email, post) at nine days (minimum) prior to the booked session start time.
If customers cancel after this point, an administration charge will apply of 30%, this will be taken off the total amount paid from the costomer to Beurre Blanc and will be retained by Beurre-Blanc.
- Failure to attend a booked session without the required notice will not result in a partial or full refund of any kind to the customer.
- Booked sessions may be cancelled due to unavoidable circumstances or if a class is under-subscribed.
In such cases, Beurre-Blanc will notify all confirmed attendees as soon as possible and offer a full refund by cheque or a re-scheduled session.
- Cancellations made before the ten day period, an administration charge will apply of 15%, this will be taken off the total amount paid from the costomer to Beurre Blanc and will be retained by Beurre-Blanc.
– Gift Vouchers –
- Beurre-Blanc gift vouchers are valid for one year from the date of purchase and if they have not been redeemed by this deadline, no refund or exchange will be given to the customer.
- Beurre-Blanc gift voucher purchases will be posted to the customer and are subject to a postage and packing charge.
- Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Beurre Blanc will not offer any refund on cancelled gift vouchers purchased from a costomer or a third party.
– Complaints –
- In the unlikely event that a customer wishes to make a complaint, Beurre-Blanc will endeavour to provide a satisfactory solution and ask that substantiated information should be provided where possible.
- Complaints should be made in writing, within 10 days of the booked session taking place, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Beurre-Blanc – Website Terms and Conditions –
Thank you for visiting our website. By continuing to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern the relationship of Beurre-Blanc with you in relation to this website.
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
- The term Beurre-Blanc, 'us', ‘our’ or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is at Beurre-Blanc Cookery School and Consultancy, worthing, BN132AU. The term 'you' or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to the Beurre-Blanc logo, the “Cookery School and Consultancy” strapline, the design, layout, appearance and graphics.
Reproduction is prohibited without our written permission.
If you do allow cookies to be used, the following personal information may be stored by us, for use by us, we will not pass any information on to third parties.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any products or services selected or information gathered via this website meets your specific requirements before any purchase is made.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information and they do not signify that we endorse the website(s).
We are not responsible for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- As under the Data Protection Act 1998, any personal information provided to Beurre-Blanc via this website shall not be passed on to any other organisation or person without permission from the customer.